How to apply? Important information
Please be aware that you need time to complete the first application process however:
All your data will be lost if:
- Your personal details will be kept for your future applications(s)
- You will not be able to edit and/or update your data, once your application has been completed and validate
- You do not complete the application process.
- You switch between the language options - you should fill in the application process in the same language.
- You do not upload the required mandatory documents – please ensure to have an electronic copy available of your diploma(s), your CV, a motivation letter and any other supportive documents.
When answering the job related questions, please note that expressions such as: "please see attachment", "annex", "enclosed document", "CV", or short answers as "yes", "no" etc., will not been taken into consideration. Applications which do not fulfill the above mentioned criterias will not be processed.
Who can apply to NSPA positions?
If you are interested to apply to one of our established positions at NSPA, please make sure you fulfill the following criteria:
- Nationality: NSPA seeks talented professionals from the 30 NATO member countries in a variety of technical, managerial and administrative roles.
- Age restrictions: you must be over 21 and under 60 years of age at the time of taking up duties. Exceptionally, candidates may be appointed to junior positions in the B and C grades under the age of 21. Appointments of definite duration contracts may be offered to candidates of 60 years of age or more provided that the expiry date of the contract is not later than the date at which the candidate attains the age of 65.
- For internal vacancies: only NATO civilians, i.e. international civilian personnel from NSPA or any other NATO body are eligible to apply.
- Medical status: you must fulfill the physical standards demanded by the exercise of the functions and you are recognized as being free from or definitely cured of any disease which might constitute a risk to others.
- Language: you must be fluent in at least one of the two official NATO languages (English and French).
In what language should I apply?
In either of the two official languages of NATO (French and English). As a general principle, the Organization requires fluency in one of these languages and a working knowledge of the other. However, the proficiency needed in the second language depends on the specific post. The vacancy notice stipulates the linguistic skills required. Numerous languages are spoken, and proficiency in other languages of NATO member states is often an asset.
Can I apply for more than one vacancy at a time?
Yes, but first ensure that you meet the specific requirements for each post.
What are the main requirements to apply for the different grades?
The requirements are defined in each vacancy. Please consult the information below, to provide you with some further insigths:
- Grade A:
- You must have several years of Senior relevant professional experience
- You must be fluent in one of the NATO official languages and possess a working language of the other (English and French) – This requirement may vary depending on the position
- For A-2 & A-3 grades: You must be in possession of at least a University Degree (Bachelor) or equivalent education or equivalent professional experience.
- For A-4 grades and above: You must be in possession of a Master's Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Grade L:
- You are an interpreter or a translator: All L positions are covered by the linguistic services.
- Grade B:
- You must be fluent in one of the two official languages and have a working language of the other (some positions may require fluency in both, French & English language).
- You must possess the right educational qualifications or equivalent professional experience.
- For B-4 and above:
- For technical positions you must have expertise in a specific field (example: IT, electronics, aircrafts, etc.).
- You must have at least 4 years or more of relevant professional experience in the area to which you are applying for.
- For B-2 & B-3 grades:
- You must have relevant administrative experience and skills
- You want to work as an executive assistant or secretary; or
- You are looking for a clerical job position; or
- You are a recent graduate with experience and willingness to grow professionally.
- You have some experience but want to develop your career in the logistics or procurement field.
- Grade C:
- These positions cover the positions held by ancillary, operative, mechanical, manual or custodial personnel.
Do I need a NATO Security clearance to apply at NSPA
No, this is not a mandatory requirement. If selected for a civilian position at NSPA, our Security Office will request it from the candidate's national authorities. The clearance process can take from several months up to one year, depending on various factors beyond NATO's control.