Environmental Protection and Energy Efficient Services
NSPA is committed to enforce environmentally sound and sustainable development in its cooperative activities with its stakeholders on behalf of the NATO Nations.
The Agency recognises the imperative responsibility of the Nations to comply with the national and international environmental regulatory frameworks and considers them integral aspects in building its environmental protection capacities.
Through its General and Cooperative Services Programme, NSPA ensures that projects are articulated, implemented and operated in compliance with ISO 14001:2015 standards, international multilateral conventions and international best practices.
Over the years, NSPA has launched and implemented a number of collaborative projects with NATO nations, NATO partners and international organisations, addressing both environmental responsible and emergency energy concept.
Our areas of expertise:
Defence Sustainable Energy Models
- Innovative and renewable energy supply technologies for land installations
- Energy monitoring and camp simulation tools for energy efficiency
- Procurement of smart equipment and systems
- Water Quality Monitoring
- Wastewater Management
- Underwater Retrieval Operations
- Desk study and risk assessment
- Contaminated site remediation after military site/equipment relocation
- Emergeny remediation of site polluted by accident
- Stockpile of obsolete hazardous chemicals
- Management of chemical, biological and radioactive substances
- End of life cycle management for military assets
- Certified environmental management services
- Advice on ISO 14001 certification for military facilities
- Life Cycle Environmental Assessment